So on we go: Puppet Show! Sunnydale has a new principal, Principal Snyder, who hates kids and his job and forces Giles to be in charge of the talent show. My high school didn't have a talent show, but we did have a karaoke competition once and I won it singing Like a Virgin. Totally inappropriate. ANYway.
Basically, this is another episode that's outside of the main Big Bad Master story arc. Somebody kills a kid at the talent show & steals her heart, so of course Buffy & the crew are on it. Giles wears a lot of really attractive sweaters and Cordelia sings The Greatest Love of All really badly (of course she does). There's a kid with a ventriloquist dummy that's ALIVE!!!!! so of course Buffy thinks the kid and/or the dummy is a demon who's doing the killing. The demon needs a brain from somebody extra smart.
1. Giles forgoes the tweed for some super librarian-adorbs sweaters in this episode. If you asked me which episode the one with the dummy was, I'd say "Oh yeah, Giles wears some great sweaters in that one."
|Case in point. Sweater vest, adorbs.|
2. Buffy wears a leopard print dress that is totally adorable and also totally inappropriate for school and Willow mixes prints like she's me in high school.
3. They think this kid Morgan is the demon, but it's actually the terrible magician Marc. He turns into a demon, they kill him the end. But wait- there are NO VAMPIRES in this episode. First one so far.
Obviously, I don't give a crap about that episode. It felt like filler. Entertaining filler, but filler all the same.
On to Nightmares!
Buffy has some nightmares about Master Kool-Aid mouth (OH YEAH!) and then peoples' nightmares start coming true! Oh no! Giles gets lost in the stacks and forgets how to read, Xander goes to class naked and gets chased by a clown, Willow is an opera singer who can't sing, Buffy has to take a test she hasn't studied for, her Dad doesn't want to see her, and she gets confronted by Master Kool-Aid mouth in the cemetery and buried alive, then turned into a vampire. Oh, and Cordelia is a nerd with frizzy hair. It's dramz. The whole time, there's this little kid and a club-armed monster man.
1. Billy Palmer, the little kid, is not Joseph Gordon-Levitt. 5 years earlier, he probably would have been, but this kid is apparently Steve Guttenberg's nephew. Fun fact.
|He looks a lot like J G-L though, right?|
2. Xander's outfit is this episode is so familiar to me. He's like the guys I hung out with in high school. And I'm like Willow. Actually in that outfit, kind of. With more of a center part though. Yes, I was a girl who wore a center part.
3. Joyce gets lots of Good Mom points on the Good Mom/ Bad Mom scale in this episode. She reassures Buffy that her dad loves here and wants to spend time with her and you go Joyce, way to be a good Mom!
4. Why is it that nobody thinks it's incredibly strange that Giles & Buffy spend SO much time together? Seriously.
That's all I've got for this episode. Again, Snoozefest.